There are just a few guidelines:
- Your blog should have some focus on the natural sciences and/or technology, even if mixed in with other things. This will be interpreted liberally, but you know what we mean. Please respect our readers and be candid about your purpose in hosting an edition of the carnival.
- To volunteer for hosting, just get in touch with the carnival organizer. (See contact information in the organizer's profile.) If your offer is accepted, the organizer will schedule you for the next available date, or some later date if necessary.
- Within two to four weeks before the date you are scheduled to host the carnival, place a call for submission of article recommendations on your blog. Mainly this should state the deadline for submissions and an email address to which submissions should be sent. Also include a link to this blog so that readers can see what the carnival is about and read past editions. Be sure that you let the carnival organizer know when you do this, and a note of the call for submissions will be posted here.
- It's not necessary to be elaborate and creative in composing your edition of the carnival. Although creativity will make your effort more memorable, it's enough to name the author of each article and briefly describe what it's about. Read some of the past editions of the carnival to see what other editors have done.
- If you want to select high-quality articles for inclusion on your own, by all means do so, especially if you haven't received many recommendations by a week before the edition is due to be published. The carnival organizer will be happy to help out if you ask for assistance.
- After the edition has been published, send a brief email to authors of included articles, to thank them, to announce the carnival, and to allow authors to make a mention of it on their own blogs, if they wish. It's not a bad idea, either, to acknowledge contributions when you receive them, if you have time. The carnival organizer will help publicizing your edition if you have other specific suggestions.
- Have fun.